Site sponsored by:
We find that most people who sell goods and services by posting classified listings on BestFarmBuys.com have pleasant transactions. However, occasionally we hear of instances where shady characters contact sellers with fraudulent intentions
The following behaviors can signal a scam. The person:
If the person you are dealing with is not local, then you need to take steps to ensure you can trust them. Only send/receive cashiers checks and money orders from people you already know and trust.
- sends/asks for payment via Western Union or MoneyGram
- offers to pay more than you are asking
- uses high pressure tactics
- asks you for money or financial information
- does not want to put the transaction in writing
- is located anywhere beyond the reach of your local police force
- wants you to bank a cashiers check and then send them cash
Remember, if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is!
Who should I notify about fraud attempts?
- Non-emergency number for your local police department
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (www.ftc.gov)